This site represents an overview of my seminars at Prague’s acclaimed film academy FAMU, department of cinematography.
These lectures, workshops and seminars are part of a bachelor’s resp. master’s degree course.
With a main concern on lighting, we deal with various aspects of filmmaking.
- purpose, concepts, technology, strategy, planning of lighting
- visual style and look
- visual storytelling
- visual dramaturgy
- cinematographic grammar and language
- aspect ratio and lenses
- composition, framing
- camera movements vs movements inside frame
- the cinematographer’s role in preproduction, on set and in post
- relationship with director, producer, production designer, wardrobe/ makeup/ hair, editor, sound and crew
we are using both digital recording media, 16mm and 35mm film
we dispose of three professionally equipped film studios, camera and lighting equipment and a reference analogue and digital cinema
for further information and inquiries please visit https://www.famucinematographydpt.com/
currently we’re also preparing an online course “PRINCIPLES OF CINEMATOGRAPHY“ in collaboration with the Rome International Film School starting from late September 2020, which gives a compact overview and insight into the exciting world of cinematography.
for further information and inquiries please visit